Presenters: Dr. JD Schwalm (Director), Mrs. Karen Mosleh (Manager) and Dr. Jacob Crawshaw (Postdoctoral Fellow)
Description: This session provides participants with a brief introduction to knowledge translation (KT) and how advancements in this research field can be used by inter-professional teams. The primary focus of this session however, will be a review of the Knowledge-to-Action Framework – a KT user-friendly process which was instrumental in kicking off the KT field in health in Canada. This session is presented in two, two-hour parts (four hours in total) via Zoom. Through this highly interactive session, participants will learn:
- How individual research studies can be condensed into a reliable and useful knowledge product
- How knowledge products can be integrated and used in clinical and hospital practices to improve outcomes for patients and improve outcomes at HHS
- Describe the knowledge funnel and knowledge to action cycle and explain why they are important
- Determine a solution to a clinical challenge that is suitable for the HHS context
- Identify the best KT intervention to promote uptake of the clinical or organizational solution
- Identify methods to evaluate the implementation of the KT intervention and clinical/organizational solution
Cost: No cost.
Availability: Coming soon.